Faith In Action is a volunteer caregiving ministry designed to be the helping hands and hearts to the Piatt County community. It is a home-based and community-based outreach program targeting senior adults in the Piatt County area.
Faith In Action organizes caring people (volunteers) of all faiths who wish to offer support and companionship to senior adults.
Faith in Action
1115 N. State, Suite 160
(217) 762-7575 Ext 2
Faith In Action of Piatt County began in 1997 as an outreach project of Piatt County Nursing Home. The initial funding for Faith In Action was provided by a grant from the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. It joins over 600 Interfaith Caregiver programs throughout the country and is part of the
Faith In Action National Network.
Every community in Piatt County has an association with Faith In Action. The Program has over 30 collaborative partnerships with congregations in the Piatt County area.
- Transportation for Doctor Appointments and Errands
- Short-Term Meal Preparation
- Telephone Reassurance
- Grocery Shopping
- Respite Care
For more information, call (217) 762-7575 Ext 2
Faith In Action Care Management Services
Piatt County Nursing Home has seen a growing need for assisting senior adults in navigating the services available to them in the Piatt County area. As the continuum of healthcare options grows, care decisions become more complicated. Care Management Services can answer or simplify this process for senior adults and their families. Care Management can answer such questions as “where do I go for help – what kind of help is available – how do I access the right service – who can steer me in the right direction?”
What Services are Provided?
- Evaluate ability to manage daily living
- Evaluate living options
- Plan for long-range care options
- Identify possible modifications/adaptations to home and/or environment which may improve safety and independence
- Evaluate potential for support from family and community
- Assistance with long distance care management
- Teaching and education
- Linkage/referral services
Who Is Eligible for Care Management Services?
- Senior adults that reside in the Piatt County area
and are interested in exploring options for care
or living with health conditions.
Where Is Care Management Service Offered?
- In most cases, the Care Management professional will make arrangements to visit the home of the senior adult. Occasionally, a consultation can be arranged via telephone.
How Do I Contact Care Management Service?
- To schedule an appointment, or for more
information, contact: Faith In Action, 762-7575 Ext 2 or Piatt County Nursing Home, 762-2506 ext. 6665
There is a nominal fee for Care Management Services.